The Center for Semiconductor Components and Nanotechnologies – CCSNano was established in 1981 (Ordinance No. GR. 019/81 – 03/13/1981), originated from the Laboratory of Electronics and Devices – LED. It is an organ complement the State University of Campinas – UNICAMP, subject to the Coordination Centres and Interdisciplinary Research Centers – COCEN governed as Deliberation Consu A-13 26-03 center-2002O have as general objectives for the achievement of basic research and applied to provide services and support to teaching, aimed at continuous improvement of human resources and processes in Microeletrônica.Sua upper structure consists of: Scientific Council Superior – Organ superior deliberative and Board – Exercised by the Director, assisted by the Associate Director
The mission of CCSNano is to be a Interdisciplinary Center for the purpose of:
- Develop quantitative research, basic and applied in the area of microelectronics, Microsystems, Micro and Nanofabrication, including semiconductor devices, integrated circuits, inputs and equipment;
- Improving skills in research and development in the field of microelectronics, Microsystems, Micro and Nanofabrication;
- advise institutions and professionals in microelectronics, Microsystems, Micro and Nanofabrication in the acquisition, installation, maintenance and decommissioning of equipment and processes of microelectronics and photonics;
- provide services in the area of microelectronics, Microsystems, Micro and Nanofabrication.
In today’s world, there is no doubt about the importance of microelectronics components with innovation, cost reduction and compaction in people’s lives. That is, the development of Microelectronics provided an economic revolution mundial.A Microelectronics today generalizes the construction of discrete components, integrated monolithic as both hibridamente with electronic functions, radio frequency, optical, mechanical, chemical and biological. Further, in order to improve each function, the search for new functional structures has led to research for development of new materials which can artificially have almost full control of their basic properties by synthesis, processing, and characterization of nanoscopic structures with dimensions in calls nanosciences and nanotechnologies. That is, microelectronics expands to expand in both its basic functions by integrating technologies such as the deepening of the control of nature. Thus, microelectronics is essentially interdisciplinary, being situated on the borders of engineering, physics, chemistry, biology and science in microelectronics materiais.Inovações therefore will continue revolutionizing the industry and the economy, and especially creating conditions for improved quality of life This society course, since most human activities depends, increasingly, the use of miniaturized systems based on digital systems, analog, optical communication or wireless, micro-sensors, micro-actuators, and / or biológicas.Desta structures form is reinforced the need to broaden these activities at UNICAMP interdisciplinary highlighting the role that a university should be providing a quick dialogue both within the institution and between institutions or between university and society; conducting high-level research themselves or in partnership with other institutions, fostering an environment for technological innovation, providing services in the areas of microfabrication processes across the board; collaborating in the creation of undergraduate, postgraduate, specialization, extension and training in the areas of their specialty, Units offered by the University and other agencies, in programs of research and extension units and other departments of the University, in its areas of specialization, and with the other organs of the University, convened by the Central Government or by request of the organs.
- Being a unit capable of meeting the specific demands;
- encourage interdisciplinarity on all of its activities;
- collaborate in the development of creativity and innovation capacity;
- optimally resources;
- excellence in research and development projects.
Crave the highest quality in all activities;
- constant search of knowledge;
- Emphasis on human resource training;
- Appreciation of and respect for human dignity and their fundamental rights.